The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), and its over 700 chartered home builders associations (HBA) across the country, helps shape all of our future in the home building industry. Builders across the country, from single-family to multi-family as well as remodelers to mixed-use, benefit from NAHB and its efforts to help our legislators in Washington and the various state capitols understand housing's impact.
Each state will have its own statistics to make their discussions with state legislators relevant and successful. In regards to Washington, D.C. we mus focus on the 115th Congress and the wave of pro-business that has made our economy start to show signs of substantial growth which will have a positive and prolonged effect on housing.
For those of you who want to engage in the reality of protecting your careers let's talk about what NAHB truly is;
- Federation of more than 700 state and local builder associations.
- NAHB’s 140,000 members employ more than 7 million workers nationwide.
- The residential construction industry directly employs more than 2.6 million workers, with millions more engaged in businesses directly relating to home building.
- NAHB’s builder members will construct about 80 percent of the 1.2 million new housing units projected for 2017.
- For every $1,000 increase in the price of a home, about 152,903 households are priced out of the market for a median-priced new home.
- About 64 out of 100 households own their own home.
- Home equity accounts for a total of more than $13 trillion in wealth for American households.
- Americans spend about $158 billion annually on home remodeling projects.
- There are more than
134.7million housing units in the U.S.